'A blog about living close to the earth as experienced by one girl.'='viewport'/> Francesca Whyte - mothersisterloverme -: Poem

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Poem

Suspended by the salt beneath
The glassy mask falls and shifts
My feet astride the groaning teak
The wind doth blow and blow and blow. 
To be unfettered by the others
Yet gaze upon the gum’s soft colours
Allowing for freedom where I took
The first steps of a soul.
As we sail from fading coasts,
Small amidst the tossing troughs
Toughened in spaces, unburdened by shoes
Creating a hive amongst the blue.
Yet now I know the sharp twigs breaking,
Bark curling, twisting, flaking.
From the sandy, shadowed path and uphill past the tamarisk
To the place where they would sit. 
It has gone, my soles remember,
Where? The place that drew my mother,
To the glassy sea recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment